Indian Open Access Resources
- India Code
- Supreme Court of India
- Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice – Government of India
- E-Court System
- India Kanoon
- PRS Legislative Research
- Global Legal Information Network
- LII of India – free access to a wide range of Indian governmental documents at both the national and local levels.
- Data Portal India (Beta) – hosting data that is part of the new Open Data initiative of India’s government.
- National Digital Library of India is a project under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, India. The objective is to collect and collate metadata and provide full-text index from several national and international digital libraries, as well as other relevant sources. (COVID-19 Resource)
- Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks.
Foreign Open Access Resources
|S.No||Name of Journal / Blog||Area of Law|
|1||Law and Other Things||Public Law|
|2||The Language Rights Blog||Language Rights|
|3||Tech Law Forum||Technology Law|
|4||NALSAR Student Law Review||–|
|5||The Indian Journal of Constitutional Law||Constitutional Law|
|6||Indian Journal of Intellectual Property Law||IPR|
Open Access Journals / Blogs – Law
International Open Access Material
International Legal Materials
- International Criminal Court
- UN Commission on International Trade Law
- Case Law on UNCITRAL Texts (CLOUT)
- WorldLII – laws, treaties, cases, and journals.
- Avalon Project at Yale Law School – historical diplomacy documents
- Canada Treaty Resources
- Eur-Lex – Treaty Collection
- Library of Congress – The Library of Congress has created research guides for a wide range of countries including Australia, Brazil, Britain, China, Egypt, Eritrea, France, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Lebanon, Russia and Sweden.
- GlobaLex – This site includes sections on foreign, international and comparative law.
- CommonLII – CommonLII provides free access to the legal materials of 59 Commonwealth and common law jurisdictions.
- Juricaf – includes Supreme Court decisions from 42 francophone countries. [FRENCH]
- Data.go.jp – Japan
- Data.gouv.fr– France
- Data.parliament.uk – United Kingdom
- DevInfo Online – Global
- EdStats – World Bank – Data on Education
- National High Courts Database – data on courts in the following countries: Australia, Canada, India, Namibia, Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, United Kingdom, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- UN Data
- World Bank
- Eurostat – Europe
- ICPSR – US
- IQSS Dataverse Network – Harvard
- OECD Statistics
International Relations and Human Rights Data
Historical Law Library
- The Roman Law Library – This website provides access to laws from Rome.
- English Medieval Legal Documents Wiki – Guide to available Medieval English legal documents from AD 600 – AD 1535. It includes references to both print sources and online sources.
- Early English Laws – Early English Laws is a project to publish online and in print new editions and translations of all English legal codes, edicts, and treatises produced up to the time of Magna Carta 1215.
Open Access Journals – Social Sciences
|S.No||Name of the Journal||Area|
|1||Ampersand||International Journal of General and Applied Linguistics|
|3||Journal of Forensic Research||Forensics|
|4||Global Media Journal||Media|
|5||Journal of Civil & Legal Sciences||Legal Studies|
|6||Ethics & Global Politics||Politics|
|7||Forensic Sciences Research||Forensics|
|9||International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Research||Humanities and Social Sciences|
Note 1: In case any of the links are broken/expired, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com with the necessary details and the subject as “Broken Links on NALSAR E-Library Website”.
Note 2: In case of suggestions as to the addition of Open Access Resources, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com with the necessary details and the subject as “Suggestions for Open Access Resources on NALSAR E-Library Website”.